Email marketing is the most effective channel for sending and receiving promotional messages. More than 30% of the buyers makes a purchase on the Internet is influenced by promotional emails, and more than 60% of Internet users don’t mind receiving notices about new arrivals, discounts and promotions.
The involvement of artificial intelligence (AI) in e-mail can improve sales and Vice versa – lead to poor performance. It does not depend on the machine, but from man, namely his ability to properly use AI to interact with potential customers.
AI-approach to automation of email marketing
Modern email marketing with the use of artificial intelligence tools means new approaches to advertising. Conventional mass e-mail distribution does not bring the desired results, because it is not sharpened for each client.
When it gets formulaic, non-personalized letter, he had no feeling that it was written by him. Therefore, without taking into account the interests of the user can send the same email at least a million computers, and not reach out to a man. In this case, sending works in the “service of mass distribution – PC”, when I should at least be an illusion of communication between the user and the service provider.
Therefore, in recent years email marketers trying to combine automation and personalization. The first simplifies the process, and the second increases sales.
In order to do it right, follow these recommendations:
- Examine your current subscribers. For this you can use the method of cohort analysis. Divide users into groups according to behavior, age, country of residence, sex, etc. Watch for changes in their behavior throughout the week or month, including indicators of LTV (the amount spent by the user on your products), CAC (the amount you have spent on user involvement). In order to gather data, use special services, like Google Analytics.
- Based on the behavior of subscribers, select the triggers for sending personalized letters. Services automated mailings, like SendPulse, TriggMine or Mailigen, note, when a person needs to obtain a letter: after registration on website, make a purchase, open or ignore previous letter, in honor of the birthday of the user or any other holiday. Typically, such services have a function of sending a certain letter and on the basis of some specific information, for example, if a few months does not open the letters.
- Send users emails on the topics to which they have already expressed interest. In other words, if the person had previously spent half an hour considering the scuba on your website automatically sent an email about new arrivals section of sweets hardly interested him.
- It is in order to scuba divers did not receive a mailing, more suitable for the lovers of sweets, consider the group of subscribers who respond and not respond to your emails. Identify the causes of such reactions and on the basis of its change strategy – guide deeper personalization, to receive information only about what he is interested.
The advantages of using AI in the e-newsletter
Technology AI increases otkryvaet letters by 70%, as it has a number of advantages:
- Personalitywe newsletter.
- Customize the display of letters in the format of device-phone, laptop or computer.
- Improves conversion, changing the subject and its content.
- Optimizes the time and channel of message delivery.
However, few know whom, when and what to send. The letter should interest the user. Incorrectly presented information may not even encourage the interested audience to buy the product. Therefore, the contents of the letter until responsible people. Although it is likely that in the near future and this work had taken away the AI.