Cineveo, the virtual cinema for the Oculus Rift, has landed on Steam after successfully completing a vote collection campaign on Greenlight. Current users who wish can switch to Steam for free.
After a successful campaign in Greenlight (among the 5% most voted at the time of being made), Cineveo becomes the first virtual cinema application to land on Valve’s platform, which will facilitate automatic updates that the author performs with a certain frequency, such as new theaters. The price on Steam is €9.99, and current users just have to contact Cineveo technical support to get a key for free that can be activated on Steam. The features of Cineveo are:
- Six scenarios: 60s Drive-in Theater, 4D Cinema, Space Station, Ocean, Enchanted Valley and The Void.
- Play 2D and 3D videos in all formats (AVI, MP4, MOV, WMV and MKV).
- Supports subtitles in any language.
- Compatible with 3D movies in side-by-side and up/down format.
- Customizable cinema screen, you can adjust the size and shape (curved or flat).
- Hands-free interface, the application is controlled without keyboard or mouse, only with the gestures of the head.
- Multiplayer audience, we can sit alone or with other real spectators from all over the world.
- Webcam video, which shows us a window with the image captured from our Webcam in case we want to control what happens in the real world around us.