Here is a guide on how to convert your mkv files with DTS audio on, to m2ts files with AC3 audio. That way you can keep the quality of your movie / file, and again have sound on. Of course, this is not a problem if you have an amplifier with DTS. I supported the problem when I invested in a WDTV, and could not get sound out of my tv. Hope the below guide can help others.
You should start by downloading the below 2 zip files:
1. First you need to start by packing the program “tsMuxeR“out, then you need to boot it up (tsMuxerGUI.exe). Now you need to find the mkv file you want to extract your audio from, and then convert it to AC3. To do this, click “Add“up to the right and find your file.
2. After selecting the file remove the check mark at the movie itself and of course not the sound. As you can see in the picture, it says “DTS“next to the one I have chosen. So you actually choose to save only “DTS“the sound in a new file that we can then change to later “AC3”. Now you have to choose “Demux” and then where you want to save the file (DTS audio track). Pressurize “Start demuxing“when you’re ready.
3. Below you can see the running, it takes approx. 5-10 min for a mkv file (depends of course on your computer’s speed etc.)
4. Now you need to start the second program “eac3to”. You unzip the file so that its contents are in a folder called “eac3to” on your c: drive.
5. Find the file “EAC3toGUI.exe“and double-click it.
6. Now start the program so, here you need to find the file that you made before. I saved mine on the desktop so I press “Browse“find my file and then you press “Convert”. Maybe you have to press 2 times before it starts, often it just opens one “CMD Promt“without writing anything. Then press “Convert“again, without closing it “CMD Promt“which is empty.
7. Now it is running, now we are in the process of making yours “DTS“sound over to “AC3“unfortunately, it may take some time.
8. Now it is as finished as you can see in the picture below it has taken 25 min. Close the window and the program “Eac3to”.
9. Now you need to start the program “tsMuxeR” again. Press “add“and select the disgusting mkv file, press “add“again and choose now your nye “AC3“file that you just made. Now you should again select that file from with “DTS“Sound, see if necessary. picture below. Under “Output“do you have to choose “M2TS muxing“, again, select where you want to save the finished file. Pressurize “Start muxing”.
10. Now it’s yours “AC3“sound on, and remove “DTS“the sound. Your file will actually take up less space. This takes approx. 10 min.