Create a password reset disk in Vista
Here is a guide to resetting your password in Windows Vista, with the help of a floppy disk or USB stick. It’s always nice to have one of those in your hands, in case one day you can’t remember the password. See the step by step guide below.
1. Click on Windows “Start button“and then on “Panel”
2. Find “User accounts“and click on it.
3. Press again “User accounts”
4. Now you are under your user on your Windows Vista computer, select “Create a disk for resetting the password“on the left. Remember to put your floppy disk or USB stick inside!
5. Pressurize “Next”
6. Select your device you want to save your password on, I have chosen to save mine on a USB stick.
7. Type the code you use to log in to Windows Vista with and press “Next”.
8. Now it is in the process of creating a security floppy / USB stick, so you can always reset your password.
9. Press “Execute“and you’re done.