Crytal Rift, the grid-based dungeon exploration game for virtual reality, is now available on Steam under the early access mode, and includes a complete level editor.
It is now possible to play Crystal Rift on Steam, a game that will delight longtime fans of grid exploration, a genre that has gained new life in recent years thanks to the Legend of Grimrock saga. In Crystal Rift we initially have more than 30 levels to explore, with various styles and environments, although it also includes a complete editor to create your own levels. The game is compatible with Oculus Rift and with monitor, and these are its main features:
- Designed for virtual reality, with immersive 3D environments full of details, compatible with monitor.
- Classic dungeon exploration, with grid-based movement, secret rooms, pressure plates, traps, fireballs, challenges, tactics and much more.
- Unique story narrated through the environment, texts and voices.
- Optional scares: off, normal and extreme.
- Optional difficulty snows, such as hardcore and permanent death.
- Integrated editor with which we can create, edit and share maps built from the game, without the need for external tools.
Crystal Rift was successfully founded on Kickstarter and is a title that has always caught our attention for the peculiarity of the scale, which makes us feel as if we were dwarfs in a virtual world, but that works surprisingly well. At the moment, the game is compatible with Windows and Mac, although a version for Linux is also expected. Crystal Rift will be enjoying new improvements and features during this Early Access phase until it is completed in October of this year.