Codemasters has just announced the fourth installment of its famous DiRT saga for June 9 on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The support for virtual reality will depend on the reception of DiRT Rally on PlayStation VR.
DiRT 4 introduces important new features such as the racing trucks and buggies (present in previous deliveries and missing DiRT Rally), but the most striking is the possibility that the mode baptized Create your Circuit, that will allow us to design a level in a simple way by pressing a button and allowing us to establish the scenario where you create, as well as certain parameters, which will facilitate the creation of more technical routes, or more simple and suitable for beginners. Regarding the possible support for virtual reality, the developers have answered in an interview with RedBull.com which is something they will consider after the launch of DiRT Rally on PlayStation VR, depending on their reception by the players. Of course the PC version for Oculus Rift has been very liked by PC players and however it was not enough for Codemasters to implement support for virtual reality in F1 2016, but this time at least they have spoken about the possibility of doing it in DiRT 4. Fingers crossed that this is the case.
The most prominent features of the game are:
- More than 60 off-road vehicles these include the Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and the Audi Sport quattro S1 E2.
- 5 locations with millions of routes in Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden and Wales.
- Official game of the FIA World Rallycross Championship. You will be able to compete in Montealegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in different series.
- Landrush Discipline – Short races on dirt roads in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico.
- On a walk – Challenges to improve the passing time per lap, hitting challenges, free play area and the possibility of sending challenges to your friends.
- Dirt Academy – Located at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA; learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best.
- Career Mode – Create your pilot, compete in all disciplines, get sponsors and get your team up and running by setting clear goals and bonuses in advance.
- Competitive Side – Daily, weekly and monthly challenges against other players from all over the world.
- New generation RaceNet league – Live leaderboards, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, improved CREST telemetry system.
- Personalization – Tweak the settings depending on your vehicle, the layout and the weather conditions to make it fit as well as possible with your driving style.
- Damages and repairs – Wear has been reliably created with realistic and improved damage modeling. Damage can be repaired by hiring engineers who work with the equipment Service Area between stages but will only be available for a limited period of time.