The Gamma 2.0 of Elite Dangerous arrives, the last update before the final version, and it arrives full of news, including the update to the Oculus SDK 0.4.4 and several more improvements for virtual reality. The spectacular launch trailer for the game has also been made public.
The improvements related to Oculus Rift are as follows:
- Updated to Oculus SDK 0.4.4
- Fixed occasional crashes when launching the game caused by the Oculus message when trying to open the dialog box when it has not yet loaded
- Fixed the Station Services menu losing focus when looking at the communications panel with an Oculus Rift
- When using Oculus Rift in supercruise, the player’s head is prevented from passing through the seat
- No longer missing the spinning ship in the right eye on the loading screen on the Oculus Rift
- The camera on the system map, which has a different range of distances from the planets and stars when using the Oculus Rift, can never get too close considering the maximum radius of the minatures
- When calculating the range of camera distances on the system map, the playing space is taken into account, since the user can always stand up and move forward. This moves the camera even further by default, but we make sure that no stars will be pierced when using the Oculus Rift
- No attempt will be made to use the Oculus service to refine the dummy’s rank if it is not available
- Fixed the issue of not being able to use the button to focus the interface with a pad or the keyboard when disconnecting the Oculus Rift
- The charging bar and the HUD countdown are moved to a correct position in the cockpit on the Oculus Rift
- Increased the “undo changes” time when activating and deactivating the Oculus Rift mode
- The side panels are prevented from disappearing when using the Rift if we get too close
You can take a look at the rest of the improvements in this thread, in which we have not found anything related to support for new languages, although the game is supposed to be in Spanish, but we are no longer clear that it will be at launch.