Being a tactical game there will be no such modes, and the inclusion of new ones will depend on the growth of the community.
First Contact Entertainment conducted an AMA (ask me anything) session on Reddit, where they shared some of the features they will include in future updates of Firewall Zero Hour. As they recently commented, the team is currently testing the patch that will fix the waiting room and server issues, i.e. matchmaking.
Here are the highlights:
- Regarding antialiasing on PS4 Pro that makes it look blurry: We are considering offering an option to PS4 Pro users who prefer to play without antialiasing. We also believe it is a user preference and would love to give you that option in the future.
- When will matchmaking be solved?: We are currently testing the patch for this, so we will release it once it is stable. This has a very high priority. Thank you for your patience, we know it can be frustrating.
- Are there plans to increase the number of rounds in a game?: The team is testing variations of it. We’re looking into what fits the game best.
- Will you add a “ready” button to start games early?: We’re looking for ways to get the right ratio of play time and load time. We are testing different approaches based on your feedback, with the “ready to start” button being one of them.
- Any way to solve drift problems with Aim Controller?: We’re still working with Sony to see how we can fix user feedback we’ve received. In some cases there may also be ways to make playing areas/settings more optimal, in which case we refer players who experience the same problem in other titles, or whose only experience is with Firewall, to review the best practice recommendations offered by Sony.
- Are there plans for other game modes like escort or murder?: We are a tactical game. Firewall Zero Hour’s specific design focuses on getting players to explore strategic methods of attacking and defending. New modes, such as Hardcore, will be determined based on community growth. There are currently no plans to add respawn-based game modes (referring to modes such as”Duel to the Death”). We have a lot of great stuff on the way, but we can’t get into the details yet. We have a great base, so the game will evolve over time.
- Will you show and value more other statistics and not just casualties?: We are always looking for better options to balance the game, this includes scoring events.
- Will you fix the leaderboard?: Yes, we are working on that bug right now.
- Do you have plans to encourage the game?: We are always looking to grow our community through in-game improvements, expanding our universe, level progression, holding special in-game events and more. There’s new super exciting content on the horizon, but I can’t reveal more.
- Will you add a 1:1 mapping of the weapon with the Aim Controller?: We did it this way on purpose to deter people from hitting their Aim against their visor. We are exploring the possibility of adding options in the configuration that suit the preferences of the players.
- Will there be items to buy on PS Store?: We have a lot of great customization products coming to PlayStation Store soon.
- Will the server migration option arrive?: Building a host migration feature is a huge task and not something we had time to do when developing the game. We are studying the best options in this area. We will have more information on this soon. They all have different pros and cons, so we want to make sure we make the right decision that will make the game even better in the future. This will not be a quick fix, but be patient while we work on it.
- Why can’t the two teams talk in the waiting room and what happened to the flashlights?: It is because we want the teams to comment on the strategy and equipment. The flashlights were removed for performance, but we are looking for alternatives to bring them back.