Dropbox is a free program that you install on your computer, it can be used to backup, or share files between friends or your work computer. That way, you make sure you always have backup of your data, and at the same time have the opportunity to access it from anywhere. Dropbox creates a folder on your computer where you can place files, pictures, etc. enter. Dropbox will then automatically sync your data with your Dropbox account, and that way you have a free online backup.
With a free Dropbox account, you have 2 GB of space, which is more than enough to store documents, pictures, music, etc. If you need more space, you can of course buy yourself for it, you can get up to 100 GB of space.
Dropbox can also share a specific folder that you have lying around between other Dropbox users. It is really smart, for example, if you have a small business where you want a common drive that everyone can access. It will be even better, because it will also be backed up. You also have the option to access your data from a browser, so you do not need to install the program.
Dropbox works both for PC & amp; MAC
Download the program here: Dropbox
1. After downloading Dropbox and starting installation, click “Install”
2. Now you have to choose whether you already have a Dropbox account or if you want to create a new one. I didn’t have any so I choose to create a new one. If you have an account, you could now install Dropbox and access your data that you have uploaded to it by selecting that you already have one.
3. Enter your details and press “Next”
4. Now you have the opportunity to buy more space, but for starters you can just choose to run the free version, here you have 2 GB of space.
5. Now comes a guide you can run through, it gives an insight into what it is you have installed. When it’s done you can just press “Skip tour and finish”
6. During installation, you can also select a specific folder where Dropbox will store your files, but by default it is in your document folder. I have also chosen to make an icon directly on my desktop, which is easy and quick to access.
7. Double click dropbox to view the contents of your folder now.
8. Below you will see the default contents of your folder, here is a folder called “Photos” and “Public”. You can choose to use them, or create your own as possible. could be called “Game”, “Movie” etc. In this guide I have chosen to use the standard folders, but you can easily delete the standard ones and create your own.
9. Now I’ve gone into the briefcase “Photos“, here I have posted 2 Pictures.
10. You can see the path to your Dropbox folder here, it was the one you could change to another folder during installation. You can also still change this, you do this by right-clicking on the small icon you have got below the clock in Windows.
11. To access your Dropbox folder without using the desktop icon, click “Documents“in your Windows Start menu.
12. Here you have a folder called Dropbox, so easy is the program.
Guide to dropbox, free online backup
Dropbox is a free program that you install on your computer, it can be used to backup, or share files between friends or your work computer. On it…
Written d. 24 sep 2010 – 31 comments