The free and Valve-approved Half-Life 2 Update mod, which greatly improves the graphic quality of the game but respecting the style of the original, has been updated to be compatible with virtual reality.
But that has not been the only change, since its creators have also enabled the option to play in the audio languages supported by the game, including Spanish. This update was activated in beta form at the end of last week, but it has just been made public for everyone and will be automatically installed on Steam. This is the complete list of changes, apart from countless tweaks on almost all the maps:
- Added support for VR/Oculus.
- All audio languages present in Half-Life 2 are added (comments remain in English only).
- Better compatibility with Intel HD 4000 graphics.
- Fixed rare issues with achievements not unlocking.
- Fixed issues that prevented progress in the game by the feedback nodes.
- Added another hand grip on the AR2 model [Onemanshadow community fix].
- Added model suitable for AR2 [AslsAy community fix].
- Small additional adjustments.
- Multiple corrections in many of the maps (detail here).