In times of war, it is especially important to protect yourself at the highest level. We will tell you what equipment to give preference to stay safe and sound.
What should be the body armor?
- The military vest should be made from a durable fabric such as Cordura. There is a system of layers of protective material sewn together – aramid fabric (Kevlar, Twaron, etc.).
- Protected from light and water, impregnated with a water-repellent agent.
- Contains ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (Dyneema). It consists of sheets of thermoplastic polyethylene.
- Have special pockets for protective plates, like plate carriers.
- Bulletproof vests protect against bullets and shrapnel – this is their main task during the war. This is due to the material that is located in the inside of the vest – on the sides and on the harnesses above the shoulders.
- Bulletproof vests may have variations with additional neck and groin protection. They have a larger area of protection than plate carriers.
What should be the plate carrier?
- A plate carrier is a product into which protective plates are inserted. It must be sewn from a special high density nylon fabric, at least 1000d (for example, Cordura).
- By itself, it protects only those places where the plates are inserted. The plate carrier must support at least two protective plates and suspended ammunition.
- There should not be a lot of fabric in the shoulder area – this will complicate the shooting process.
- For Marines, the plate carrier must be equipped with a quick release.
- The plate carrier must have vertical side straps for walkie-talkies and other devices.
- It is better that the cummerbund (side part) be equipped so that you can hang additional equipment on it from the outside, and insert protection inside.
Quality product customization
According to a study of the effect of body armor on the human body during jumps, a smaller distance between the body and the vest leads to a decrease in pressure on the shoulders. When any part of the body is affected beyond a certain threshold, the body experiences great fatigue.
In real life situations on the battlefield, more intense circumstances may arise that require major jumps. Therefore, taking into account the result of this study will be beneficial in overcoming the difficulties of potential discomfort for soldiers.
Browse through our extensive assortment of high-quality assault vests and tactical plate carrier vests.