One of the best features of Oculus Quest and Quest 2 is that they can be manually connected to your gaming PC via USB, so you can play more sophisticated virtual reality games that would otherwise not run natively. headset
That’s great when you want to play games like Half-Life: Alyx, but the obvious downside is that you’re now physically tied to a PC, so much for the wireless freedom advertised by the Quest platform.
Since then, the developers of Virtual Desktop and, more recently, Oculus itself, have figured out how to stream visual streaming from their PC to their VR headsets while quickly syncing all their movements over Wi-Fi. Both options give you the best of both worlds-you can play the games you want without being connected to your computer by a cable.
The Oculus method called Air Link now comes as a free feature with the headphones (if you are using v28 software), while using Virtual Desktop requires a $ 20 app. Both options have their advantages, so we will guide you. through the settings of each option.
Connect an Oculus Quest 2 to a PC using Oculus Link
If you prefer to use a wired connection, follow the steps below to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to a PC via Oculus Link. This method should work for Oculus Quest and Quest 2 headphones. You can use the official Oculus Link cable or a high quality USB-C 3.0 cable. However, please refer to individual reviews of third-party cables as not all are qualified for VR performance.
Review compatibility requirements to make sure your PC and headset meet all hardware and software requirements.
- Go to the Oculus app on your computer and turn on your hearing aids.
- You will need to connect one end of the USB or Oculus Link cable to the USB 3.0 port on your PC. The other end should be connected to your headset.
- In virtual reality, you will see a message Allow Data access. Make sure to select Deny.
- When you see the Enable Oculus Link message, choose Enable.
Connect an Oculus Quest 2 to a PC via Air Link
If you prefer to use a wireless connection and have a Quest 2 headset, follow the steps below to connect your headset via Air Link. This method only works with Quest 2 headphones. You will need to ensure that your Quest 2 and the Oculus app on your PC are updated to version 28 (v28) or later.
- On your PC, navigate to the Oculus app and choose Settings. In the Beta tab, choose the button next to Air Link.
- Put on your headphones and press the Oculus button to open the menu. Choose the Settings cogwheel icon and select Experimental functions.
- Select the button next to Air Link. Select Continue.
- From the list of available PCs that appears, choose your PC and select Pair. Once you’re done pairing, select Start.
The instructions above are the ones you need to pair your PC with your Quest 2 for the first time. After the first pairing, future connections should only require the activation of Air Link through the Quick Actions menu in Settings.
Without you, this website would not exist. Thank you for visiting me, I hope you liked it and come back. Thank ☺️
Date updated on 2022-01-03. Date published on 2022-01-03. Category: computers Author: Oscar olg Sitemap Source: bollyinside