Here is a guide on how to run Windows 7 for Windows XP. Microsoft calls it ”Windows 7 virtual XP Mode“, it works by starting your Windows XP in Windows 7, actually a bit like starting an alm. program. That way you can run old programs that might not work for Windows 7, or just 64bit in general. Below is a step by step guide on how to install it.
1. Start by going on the Microsoft website, where you then have to choose your version of Windows 7. See if necessary. picture below. If you are in doubt about which version of Windows 7 you have, you can see it by right-clicking “Computer“and choose “Features”.
2. After selecting your version, download both files below. Remember that one takes approx. 500 Mb, so it may well take some time.
3. Start running this file after downloading both of them.
4. New, it then starts to install, etc. say yes to update if it wants to.
5. Now you need to restart your computer.
6. After restarting your computer, run the second file that you downloaded earlier. Pressurize “next”.
7. Pressurize “next“to install it on the default location.
8. Now it is finished installing, press “Execute“if you want to boot in Windows XP Mode. If it comes with an error when trying to start “Windows XP Mode“, you need to enable virtualization in the bios, otherwise you will never get it to work. Read More Here: Virtual PC, configure BIOS
9. Now it is in the process of setting up / installing your Winodows XP machine, unfortunately it may take some time.
10. Here we go “Virtual XP computer“so in Windows 7. If you look at the image below, you can see that you have slightly different options at the top of your Windows XP pc.