How to send files in Messenger 2009
Here is a guide on how to set up your Windows Live Messenger version 2009 to resend files. The NYE version requires that you allow it and activate it in the program. However, there may still be problems with sending exe and bat files, here you can change the extension to possibly. dog.abc instead of dog.exe. You can also choose to unzip your file first as zip and rar files are accepted in Messenger.
Remember it may be beneficial to open this port range in your firewall, to transfer files in Messenger: Port 6891-6900.
1. Start by pressing “Features“and then “Settings”
2. Choose now “File transfer“on the left side, then click “Install”
3. Now comes the picture below, here you have to press “Download”
4. Now your Windows Live Messenger version 2009 downloads the security scanner that needs to be installed before you can transfer files.
5. Now the transfer of the program is done and the program is installed. Now you should be able to receive and transfer files via your Messenger.
Remember that the person on the other end must also have installed this security program / plugin.