New York According to insiders, Elon Musk’s efforts to find new financing for the planned multi-billion dollar takeover of the short messaging service Twitter are on hold. The reason for this is the uncertainty regarding the transaction after renewed threats from Musk, people familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
The Tesla CEO wants to reduce his cash share in the approximately $ 44 billion takeover with a new financing. There was no immediate comment from Musk or Twitter.
Musk had previously threatened to pull out of his planned Twitter takeover again. In a letter published by his lawyers on Monday, it was said that Twitter had “clearly violated” its obligations.
Musk wants to have accurate data on the proportion of fake Twitter accounts first. According to the short message service, the number is less than five percent, while Musk assumes at least a fifth of users.