tonsta31, the same modder that added full locomotion to the game, disguises it to us like Star Wars and adds new weapons. Can anyone imagine which ones?
Some death sets (of the Death Star), some sound effects and, suddenly, all we are missing is R2D2 and C3PO crossing paths with us in their escape. But calm down, there are robots so as not to bore.
The weapons, what are they going to be? The lightsabers, which we can wield with two hands to deflect, throw, cut and chop, and the blasters of a lifetime.
The mod is still in process, tonsta31, its author, promises that he will soon introduce improvements.
We pass you his thread on the Oculus games and applications forum.
These would be the next changes:
- Lightsabers will dismember and deflect better; they will not act as if they were lead pipes.
- The current test laser projectiles will be replaced.
- The AI will be tweaked to make the robots get closer and several attack in unison.
- There are force powers, but not yet to be used.
- Starting to work on Vader and some bots.
- It will have story mode through multiple levels.
The author also comments that he has done it alone in twenty hours, so we should not wait too long. Regular updates will be for donors, but that the thread will update soon after as well.
May this launch serve as a reminder to video game developers, both virtual reality and traditional, to remember the importance of modding, something so common a few years ago and that today is practically forgotten except for honorable exceptions like this.