We’ve found Phantasmal: City of Darkness on Steam Early Access, a horror game with random map generation that will have Oculus Rift support when it’s finished.
It is inspired by the usual survival classics, with an intricate world that is randomly generated in each game to ensure that we can play again and again. Players will be challenged to advance using stealth and intelligence rather than direct combat. The game is already available on Steam, but support for the Oculus Rift is not yet implemented. Its features are:
- Infinite Replayability: Each room and hallway of Phantasmal is uniquely generated with infinite possibilities. No two levels will ever be the same.
- Don’t go crazy: Fighting the Phantasmal creatures will undermine your sanity, decreasing your physical and mental state and forcing you to face a fate worse than death.
- Tread carefully: Fighting is your last resort in Phantasmal. Stealthily dodge your enemies, as every action will have consequences.
- Fight with a stick: When all else fails, you will have to defend yourself with anything you come across. You will be able to find some firearms, but they are more a curse than a blessing: making too much noise can be a fatal mistake.
- Light, ally and enemy: Any resource for survival has a price. Use light sources wisely, as even a torch can be a drag.
- Fear will flow – The AI Director’s mechanism will control the flow of experience throughout the game.