The Kickstarter campaign for Tower Unite is underway, an online social game full of multiplayer activities that places special emphasis on its MMO nature without microtransactions. It will be compatible with Steam VR and Oculus Rift.
Tower Unite is being developed by PixelTail Games, authors of free games based on the Source engine such as GMTower, Elevator: Source and Cinema. This time they have opted for Unreal Engine 4 to create a game that will allow:
- Play various multiplayer games of different genres online with our friends.
- Customize our avatar with hats and other clothes.
- Use different objects to move around such as jetpacks, wings and skates.
- Decorate our apartment with different elements, decorations and interactive toys.
- Invite other players to our apartment to participate in parties and mini-games.
- Watch YouTube™ videos synchronously in a virtual cinema or in our apartment.
- Staying in a club to listen to music synchronized with the environment with other players.
- Join the official servers or use the dynamic matchmaking system that will join us to servers created by other players.
- Meeting with our friends and making new friends.
This is the main feature of Tower Unite, and what sets it apart from other games of the same style – there is no premium currency, no subscriptions, no microtransactions. Once we have bought the game, it will be ours forever and there will be no surprises. In addition to that, it will have other very interesting features for the community of lifelong PC gamers:
- We will never lose our virtual objects.
- There will be no need to worry about the servers going down.
- We will be able to host our own Tower Unite servers.
- We will receive constant updates and improvements, as well as support from the developers.
- Customizable PC experience with advanced graphic settings, support for 4K and FOV controls.
- Gamepad support and additional peripherals in upcoming updates such as Vive, Oculus Rift and others that will be announced in due course.
- Support of all Steam features: Steam Cloud, Inventory, Friends, VOIP, Achievements and Trading Cards.
- Available for Windows and Mac.
In Tower Unite there will be a huge variety of activities and mini-games: Arcade (arcade with 2D games and activities such as bowling), Boardwalk (boardwalk with a ferris wheel), Casino, Cinema, Club… and we will also have other multiplayer games such as Ball Race, Tiny Crusaders, Minigolf, Kart racing, Zombie Massacre, Virus, a deathmatch shooter called Slaughter Day Night Live, a 4v4 team game, Panic at Horror Mansion and many more.
The Tower Unite Kickstarter campaign concludes on May 11 and aims to raise $100,000. We can get the full game for $10 if we are fast enough (there are 400 early birds). The price includes access to the beta, which will be available in December this year, while the final game will arrive in March next year.