The new version of Samsung’s flagship brings a screen with a higher resolution than its predecessors, but with more inches so it will offer a similar image quality in virtual reality than that of the previous ones.
Samsung Electronics he has presented the new Galaxy S8 with a hardware design that takes more advantage of the screen and new services and features. Available in 5,8″ and 6,2″, standard and plus versions, both with a button-free design with a 2960×1440 resolution QHD + screen with Gorilla Glass 5 protection on both sides of the mobile. The new resolution exceeds that of its predecessors and that of those mobiles currently available with Daydream, but it stays on par in terms of ppi with 570 compared to the 577 of the S6 and S7 in their standard 5.1 ” versions, so it should have a similar quality to these.
“Samsung Galaxy S8 marks a new era in smartphone design by offering new services and giving users the ability to experience the world in a different way,” said DJ Koh, President of Samsung Electronics’ Mobile Communications division. “Samsung Galaxy S8 is a testament to our commitment to re-gaining the trust of our users, redefining what’s possible in terms of security and marking a new milestone in the legacy of Samsung smartphones.”
Among its features, it includes a dual 12MP rear camera, integrates the first 10nm chip in the industry, supports Gigabit WiFi and LTE, supports the Vulkan graphics API, is certified as Mobile HDR Premium, IP68 resistance to water and dust, and offers an intelligent interface with Bixby name to help in different tasks such as searching for nearby places or performing certain functions. The phone is compatible with the new Gear 360 camera that records at 4K and with the new Gear VR with one-handed controller. The mobile comes standard with AKG by Harman headphones that have hybrid channel adjustment for better noise elimination and are anti-tangling.
Full list of features:
- OS: Android 7.0
- Cat LTE Network. 16
- S8 dimensions: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8.0 mm. 155g.
- S8+ dimensions: 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1 mm, 173g.
- Processor: Octa core (2.3GHz Quad + 1.7GHz Quad), 64 bit, 10 nm.
- Memory: 4GB RAM (LPDDR4), 64GB (UFS 2.1).
- S8 display: 5.8” (146.5mm)1 Quad HD+ (2960×1440), (570ppi).
- S8+ display: 6.2” (158.1mm)1 Quad HD+ (2960×1440), (529ppi).
- Camera: Rear dual Pixel 12MP OIS (F1.7), Front: 8MP AF (F1.7)
- S8 Battery: 3,000 mAh.
- S8+ Battery: 3,500 mAh.
- Payments: NFC, MST.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, 1024QAM Bluetooth® v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, Location (GPS, Galileo*, Glonass, BeiDou*).
- Sensors: Accelerometer, barometer, fingerprint sensor, gyro sensor, geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, heart rate monitor, proximity sensor, RGB light sensor, iris sensor, pressure sensor.
- Audio: MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, DSF, DFF.
- Video: MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM.
Galaxy S8 will go on sale in Europe and Spain on April 28. The pre-purchase can be made through the Samsung Spain website or through authorized distributors from now on, and receiving it from April 20th. its price for the standard version is € 809 and for the S8 + € 909.