11 December in Kiev held a conference party Digital Monkey: the young online marketers from Ukraine and Russia discussed how to get closer to Internet users. They found out why aggressive marketing and banners don’t work anymore, what the user wants “Vkontakte” and how to apply is, one that does not irritate. To summarize what was learned from reports.
Natalia Yakunina, head of the Ukrainian headquarters of “Vkontakte”
- the main audience of “Vkontakte” in Ukraine – people between 25 and 34 years;
- most Ukrainian users of “Vkontakte” (5.8 million) have enough money only for food and clothing;
- 41% of users enters the “VC” from the desktop, 39% mobile, 20% use both, and others;
- 2.8 million users “VC” is office specialists, 2.1 million heads, 1.8 million students, 1.5 million – Housewives 1.5 million workers and 1 million employees of state-owned enterprises;
- “VKontakte” as the audience for 20 categories.
- users I would willingly participate in surveys and poorly responsive to requests to comment on anything;
- more test ads and learn TSA – without this, no amount of advertising will not work.
Maxim Fedorov, the Director of the division of SMM Hungry Boys
- users of CS are becoming more aggressive and openly expressed dissatisfaction with the advertisement;
- the SMM market is oversaturated now as news more important than the quantity;
- news hooks work better than the content plan;
- the content goes live;
- the user is bored – he wants to participate in the action, rather than read the texts;
- the user with pleasure will show itself (selfie video);
- digital doesn’t exist without the TV, but rather complements it.
Nicholas Guguli, marketing Director at IT Education Academy
- Intrusive marketing is all tired;
- generate their own content;
- do not lie to the user;
- don’t abuse Crossposting;
- less hashtags;
- do not add more than 3-4 buttons of social networks to the page.
Eugene-my home version, Director Vintage Web Production
- without a quality website, no sales;
- you should at first glance like the user to see – like – to sell;
- surprise of the user – for example, remove the short videos that accompany its action (e.g.: user made a purchase – show videos as sales managers happy);
- simplify everything you can, and not confuse the customer.
Inna Nasadyuk, Andccount director Prodigi Russia
- there is nothing worse than ignorance – keep the customer informed of what is happening with his project.
- do for the client more than necessary (give bonuses);
- customers are divided into types: “I want to know everything” (requires a lot of attention), “does not understand” (grandpa without a smartphone), “I am sure that he knows everything” (all you taught and is dissatisfied with the result of); “greedy” (begging bonuses and can not pay); “dreamer” (head in the clouds and is prone to narcissism); “helper” (trying to help – the best type of the client); “middle” (the man, not decision-makers).
Sofia SEL, Head of Business development All Simple
- banners do not work – they overload the user;
- people have learned to ignore media advertising;
- 1.5 million Ukrainians use AdBlock;
- to attract the attention of only the content;
- users are willing to share native advertising;
- advertising needs to be like-told story.
Vsevolod Zhovtenko, team leader division of contextual advertising “Olshansky and partners”
- when geotargeting Adwords don’t leave anything that Google offers by default.
- carefully choose your audience: if you need Kiev – otzivite everything except Kiev;
- analyze the conversion rate at different time of the day;
- make a mobile version of the website – the cost will pay off in a month.
Svetlana Lobanova, creative Director Smartica/Skykillers
- 45% of past winners of the Cannes Cyber Lions – social projects;
- popular only the products that solve customer problems.
Svyatoslav Stepanenko, head of PPC Department Promo.ua
- 38% of people search for products online and buy offline.
In parallel with the speakers in the hall held a hackathon – a competition of marketing on development of marketing strategies. The participants were two teams. First received the task to develop a portal for tourism in Ukraine, which would attract travellers from the US, UK and Korea. The second is to highlight the project of reorganization of the road in the center of Kiev for the destruction of obsolete panel buildings and moving traffic under the ground.
The winner was team number 1 – she presented the portal Ukrainian Beauty with a map of Ukraine and the presentations of each region. Now one of its members will be a free internship in a consulting Agency “Olshansky and partners” and the rest will be a year to attend workshops of this company.
The conference ended with a cocktail party for the electronic music DJs Vaia and Alex Flander.
Smile Expo thanks to all who took part in the organization of the Digital Monkey: partners, speakers and participants of the hackathon. Special thanks to the sponsor of the event Promo.ua.
We are pleased that the hall was full: thanks to everyone who came, who left the party and did to us tonight!