Prepare your virtual reality headsets for Absention, a game inspired by horror film classics such as The Shining or Alien and video games of the likes of Silent Hill or Resident Evil. Unreal Engine 4 leaves us enthralled again.
Absention will be the debut of Dream Wave Games, an indie development team founded by Robert Bruce, who intends to expand the company to be able to embark on more extensive products that he already has in mind. The game in question was conceived three years ago, and Robert aims to capture the spirit of the most authentic survival horror by facing a single intelligent enemy, who will try to hunt us down in a mansion located on the shore of a lake on a night that we will relive again and again learning from our mistakes, like Bill Murray in the film Groundhog Day.
- Stuck in time– You will have to live the same night over and over again, but do not make the same mistakes. Remember what you have learned and adapt.
- Total immersion– Built and thought to take advantage of the Oculus Rift for a complete optical and auditory immersion.
- Deep exploration– Secrets are right under your nose. The detailed environments and mysterious objects will have to be thoroughly investigated.
- Authentic survival horror– A pure and hard survival horror experience with a great emphasis on evasion and ingenuity. Lurk, hide and solve.
- Random elements: Each game is different from the previous one. The keys to the rooms and the objects will appear in different places to keep the player alert.
- Mysterious enemy: A single enemy will hunt you down in the dark. You will have to use stealth and listen carefully to locate him at all times.
- Challenging puzzles: Things are not always what they seem. The multi-sensory puzzles will test your ability to observe.
- Disturbing realismPowered by Unreal Engine 4, Absention pushes the visual boundaries of indie titles.
Absention is at a very early stage of development and, as its creators say, it is a title designed for virtual reality, so we are really looking forward to it.