It seems that Apple has started looking for expert engineers in virtual reality. Although those from Cupertino have innovated in many things, on other occasions they are the last to jump on the bandwagon, such as when it comes to leaving behind the obsolete 4:3 format on their smartphones.
As we read in 9to5Mac, Apple is looking for hardware engineers to work on virtual reality devices, specifically professionals with experience in optics, screens and other similar positions are being asked, which indicate that Apple could develop a virtual reality device. Applicants must:
- Specify and test new display systems for virtual environments
- Working with manufacturers to develop bespoke display solutions
- Designing and choosing the appropriate hardware and software components to optimize fidelity in various virtual reality environments
- Develop software that allows to display the rendered images on the hardware
- Work side by side with hardware, software, electrical and mechanical engineers during testing and integration
Until now, Apple’s only moves related to virtual reality were related to patent registration. In any case, an HMD from a giant of the size of Apple would give a tremendous boost to virtual reality and would be more than welcome, no matter how long it takes to arrive.