Here is a guide on how to block unwanted websites, in order to appear on your computer. It can be a specific website, or many different. The advantage of doing this via this wizard is that it will work in all browsers. This way you make sure that you do not just download another browser, and still can enter the pages that you have just blocked.
Why do you want to block websites, of course it may be because you are nervous that your children are surfing around on harmful websites, and you do not like it.
1. You need to start by finding your host file, on your computer. This is done by going into your C: drive and finding this path here: C: WindowsSystem32driversetc
2. Now right click on the file and press “Open”
3. Now comes the picture below, here you will need “Notebook”
4. Now your host file is so open, as an example I have blocked facebook on my computer. But remember that there may well be several entrances to the page, as you can see I have blocked a little different.
5. Now the host file should then be saved, this is done by pressing “files“and then “save”
6. To make sure it works, you need to empty your DNS cache, you also call it running a flushdns. This is done by pressing “The Windows icon“and write “cmd“in the search box. Now, right-click on the cmd file.exe and choose to “running it as administrator”.
7. Now comes the picture below.
8. Now you need to type ipconfig/flushdns – see if necessary. photo
9. As you can see in the image below, my firefox browser cannot find the page www.facebook.dk, so it actually works. But remember that there can be many ways to access the different pages, especially a page like facebook.
Block websites on your pc
Here is a guide on how to block unwanted websites, in order to appear on your computer. It can be a specific website, or many different. The advantage of making…
Written d. 12 jun 2010 – 21 comments