For the second year in a row and taking advantage of the second anniversary of Viveport, developers with a title in Viveport Subscription will earn 100% of their subscription revenue until the end of the year.
Viveport Subscription allows each subscriber to get up to 5 titles per month to try. This means that if a Viveport Subscription member chooses a title, instead of the normal 70% of revenue (Viveport receives 30%), developers will get 100% of that month’s revenue.
Viveport Subscription has grown dramatically in this second year, expanding to 500 titles and 5 times the total number of subscribers. Support for Oculus Rift was also added, along with a partnership with Amazon. Oculus Rift support has doubled the potential audience reach, as well as introduced Rift owners to the benefits of the Viveport Subscription. In addition, Amazon now sells Viveport apps.
To take advantage of this promotion:
- Log in to Developer Console.
- Go to ‘Program Opt-ins’
- Check the box to sign up for Viveport Subscription.
- Register as a Viveport developer through the Developer Console.
- Upload the required files and details for the new title.
- In ‘Program Opt-ins’, check the box to sign up for Viveport Subscription.