The Facebook Connect 2021 website has been updated by publishing the first details with the participating speakers and the topics that will be covered in the developer sessions. In addition to the main lecture by Mark Zuckerberg and the “no filters” talk in which John Carmack will share his vision of the future on virtual reality technology, there will be sessions on accessibility, diversity, rendering, multiplayer application development, App Lab, Population: One, etc.
First conferences and sessions:
- Keynote titled Infinite Horizons by Mark Zuckerberg at 19h CET.
- Developer State of the Union: Chris Pruett, Tom Langan, Allison Lee and Mari Kyle will talk about the VR ecosystem, including communities, programs and tools for developers around the world.
- Connect with Carmack: No filters, no concussions, no censorship: John Carmack will show his sincere vision of the future of virtual reality technology.
- Growing the Long Tail: Supporting Your App for the Long Term: tips for launching an application or game, what steps to take before, during and after its development.
- Building an Accessible Future in VR: session to learn how to design in VR in an accessible way.
- WebXR Development, Optimization, and New Features: Development, optimization and new features of WebXR. This talk will explore the optimized WebXR workflow, give graphics optimization tips, and show new features for WebXR developers coming to Oculus Browser.
- Graphics Rendering on Quest 2 today: graphics rendering in Quest 2, session to delve into the low-level capabilities of the Oculus Quest 2 GPU and discover new tools to measure and optimize applications.
- Building and Growing Multiplayer Apps for Quest: Learn how to create and configure your multiplayer app to be successful on the Oculus platform.
- Do You Really Know App Lab? Tales of Success from Devs: the story of App Lab creation told by its developers
- How POPULATION: ONE Happened: A Performance Guide for Quest: session to show how a technically demanding game could be brought to Quest.
- Building Community In and Out of VR: talk in which the Supernatural fitness application will serve as an example on how to build a community of users inside and outside virtual reality.
These are not all the sessions or talks that will be held at the Facebook Connect 2021, from here until its celebration on October 28, other conferences will be announced and the presence of other speakers will be confirmed. In addition, everything points to some kind of surprise announcement about new VR/AR devices, exclusive games to come for Oculus Quest, more news about Horizon Worlds and the construction of the metaverse, etc.