Recover files on your computer
Here is a guide on how you might be able to rescue your data from formatted hard drive, or deleted files from your computer. The program is called “File Recovery“and can also Rescue data from a USB stick, or an SD card. It has helped me find pictures on an SD card that was stuck in a camera. Below I have made a guide showing how the program works, here I have used a USB stick as an example.
Download the program here: File Recovery
1. As you can see in the picture below, here I have put some pictures on my USB stick.
2. Now I have formatted with USB stick and it is empty.
3. Now I start the program, here choose “Find lost data”.
4. Now I choose the drive that I formatted, and will try to rescue files from. Then press the green check mark at the bottom right.
5. Tap the green check mark on the top left.
6. Now it is scanning through your USB stick / drive. This can take a long time, depending on how much data we are talking about.
7. Below you can see what it has found on my formatted USB stick. All data is stored as cluster files and folders, however, you can see the extension on the file. I select all the files and press the floppy disk out on the left.
8. Now you have to choose where to save your files that you have found, then press the check mark.
9. Now it stores your files.
10. As you can see below, the program has found my pictures and much more.