Here is a guide on how to create a group email, what you call a distribution list in Outlook 2007. The smart thing about such a one is that you can create a list of recipients that you often send the same emails to. You actually just collect a lot of contacts from your address book in a group that you then choose as the recipient of your email. That way, you don’t have to write all email addresses every time. The group / distribution list could possibly. named Family, newsletter, friends, etc.
1. Start by opening your Outlook, then you should go in “Contact persons”. Now you have to press “Files–- > “New–- > “Mailing list”.
2. Now comes the picture below, here you have to give your nye Group a name. I have chosen to call my distribution list “Newsletter“, then press “Save and close”.
3. Now you can see your NYE group, it looks a little different than a plain. contact person. Double Nye Nye group to add new e-mail addresses.
4. You can choose to either add a contact that you already have, or a add a new one. See picture below.
5. I have chosen to add a new email address to my group. I call it “Test“and give it the e-mail address “email@example.com”. Now you have the opportunity to add the NYE address / receiver to your alm. address book, This is done by ticking the “Add to contacts”.
6. Now it has created your NYE contact, double click “Newsletter“the group to see if it should not also be in it.
7. It’s also here, of course. Now try to go back to yours “Inbox“and create a new email.
8. Now you need to press “To“to select your new Nye distribution list / group email.
9. Here you can see your distribution list and your alm. contacts. Select “Newsletter“and press “To“at the bottom of the image, then press “OK”
10. Now your distribution list/group email has been added and your mail is ready to be written and sent. If you don’t want every recipient in your group to see each other, you can choose to send it as “Bcc”. That is, not everyone can see who the mail was sent to, they may think only it was sent to them.