In light of recent events it more important than ever, to ensure adequate disinfection and cleaning of VR headsets before and after use.
Given the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19), VR users should be especially careful of hygiene headsets over the next few months. To users can have the best information about how to clean and disinfect the headset without damaging the device, UploadVR turned to Facebook to get their official advice and guidance. That’s what said company:
Care about sharing
Although this may seem obvious, Facebook stressed that users should not share their headsets with anyone who has symptoms of an infectious disease or infection. The company also recommended users to access their manuals on labour protection and safety.
Facebook gave some direct instructions concerning cleaning and disinfection headsets Oculus, including Oculus Rift and Quest. Here are his points:
- Wash your hands before using the headset and controllers.
- Use nitrile gloves when cleaning the headset and dispose of gloves after each use.
- Between cleanings wash hands thoroughly.
- Clean your device (headset, controllers, and other elements, which was touched) between each use non-abrasive, antibacterial wipes without alcohol. When using these products wet the surface, until it becomes visibly wet. The surface must stay wet for 10 minutes.
- Wipe the front interface of your headset with a clean cloth and water to remove the cleaning agent and allow to dry thoroughly before using again. If it causes any discomfort, replace the front interface on the new.
- Use a dry microfiber cloth to clean the lenses of the headset.
- Let the VR equipment to completely air dry after cleaning before the next use (at least 10 minutes). Use a dry microfiber cloth (but not the one that is used for cleaning lenses, as the alcohol may damage the lens) to remove the moisture or residues from the headset and controller.
Facebook also noted that, alcohol wipes and cleaning products are not recommended for use on lenses. Lenses can be damaged by alcohol, so users should use a dry microfibre cloth. If the stain trudnovato, users can also apply a small amount of water on the fabric, but, according to the company, the alcohol generally should not be used on lenses.