The popularity of Oculus Quest 2 has skyrocketed in recent times as many have given it away to others during the holiday season. Now, there is another platform that is becoming super popular and that is Discord, which leads us to the question: how to get Discord on Oculus Quest 2? Here’s everything you need to know.
How to get Discord on Oculus Quest 2?
Can Discord be downloaded and obtained as a standalone app on Oculus Quest 2? The answer is no. But there are two solutions to getting and running Discord on Oculus Quest 2. Be:
- Using Discord through the Virtual Desktop
- Obtaining Discord using SideQuest
Although there is no official Discord app available on the Oculus Store, we cannot rule out that it will officially make its way soon. If Facebook Technologies and Discord Inc. they decide to ever work together, only then can users expect to have the app on Oculus Quest 2. But at this point, it seems unlikely, given the fact that FaceBook offers almost all of Discord’s features, and mot would allow Discord to replace them directly.
Using Discord via Virtual Desktop
There is a solution that you can follow to use the microphone and talk to other people and it is through the Virtual Desktop. The Virtual Desktop application is available at Oculus.com . Basically, with the Virtual Desktop, you can connect wirelessly to your PC. And then you can search the web and thus access Discord.com . In addition, you can also play games and watch movies!
Here are some of the features:
- From the Videos tab, you can download or stream regular/180/360 videos directly from your PC.
- It is compatible with most PCs and laptops that have Windows 10 or macOS Mojave.
- The microphone pass option is also available.
- PCVR game streaming will need a VR Ready computer running Windows 10.
If all this is exactly what you want, you can download it from here.
Obtaining Discord using SideQuest
There is another way and that is to download the Discord apk and use SideQuest.
- Connect your headphones and click on the folder icon with a down arrow at the top right of the SideQuest screen.
- Now, select the APK from your downloads.
- Let it settle in.
- Now, find the package and make sure Discord appears there.
- Switch to your headphones > in Apps, select Unknown Sources > search for Discord.
- Log in to your account and allow Discord to access the microphone.
- Enable the overlay if you wish.
- And this is how you can use Discord on Oculus Quest 2 (but at your own risk).