A year later, Samsung has presented the new version of the Gear 360 camera capable of recording in 4K and streaming live content.
Samsung Electronics has announced the launch of the new camera Gear 360, capable of capturing in 360º with a resolution of 4K, an improved design for its use and improved functionalities. The cameras it integrates have a resolution of 8.4 megapixels and F2.2 fisheye lenses. Gear 360 takes advantage of Samsung’s services to easily share, view and edit content that can be videos or images. Another of the new features included is the live broadcast by connecting the camera to a compatible phone or computer and the possibility of uploading the content directly to Facebook, YouTube or Samsung VR.
“Consumers are increasingly opting for video to share their experiences, which is why Samsung offers accessible and innovative products that make digital content easier to create, share and reproduce,” said Younghee Lee, executive vice president of global marketing and wearables in the Mobile Communications division of Samsung Electronics. “The new Samsung Gear 360 will continue to expand the horizons of what consumers can experience and share.”
Full list of features of the new Gear 360:
- Two 8.4-megapixel CMOS fisheye cameras.
- DRIMe5s image processor.
- Video: MP4 (H.265), dual lens: 4096×2048 (24fps).
- Image: JPEG, dual lenses: 15MP.
- Audio codec: ACC Format: MP3, M4A, AAC, OGG.
- Memory: microSD card (up to 256GB).
- Functionalities: Shooting mode, Video, Photo, Time Lapse Video, Looping Video, HDR Landscape, IP53 dust and water resistance certification Camera mode Dual/single lens mode.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct Bluetooth v4.1 USB 2.0 (Type C).
- Dimensions 100.6×46.3×45.1 mm
- Weight: 130g.
- Battery: 1,160mAh Li-ion.
- Compatibility: Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, S7, S7 edge, S6 edge+, S6, S6 edge, A5 (2017), A7 (2017) *Android 5.0 or later, iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6S, 6s Plus, SE, *iOS 10.0 or later, Windows, macOS.
At the moment, the launch date of the new camera and its price have not been indicated, details that we hope to know soon.