Frooxius has released a new update of its demo SightLine: The Chair, an ideal experience to blow the mind of those who try virtual reality for the first time and know that it manages without using our hands. The mechanics of Sightline is that the scenario is altered when we are not looking, so to move forward we must constantly look around waiting for a change to occur.
It seems that the initial scene in which the video appears on the monitor is not going as smoothly as it should, but the rest of the demo works fine, and we can adjust the detail from the menu if we have problems. The features of this update are:
- Integrated binaural audio 3DCeption
- Added “Space Only” mode in which we will jump directly to the space scene
- Updated to SDK 0.4.3.1
- Updated the text for non-commercial use
- Improved scaling on certain objects
- Moved the book slightly up
- Added V-Sync option in the main menu
- Added tracking reset with the left Control key
- Updated to Unity 4.6.0f3
- The Earth’s rotation is aligned with the particles
- Increased the angle of aiming at asteroids
- Adjusted the screen material
- Other minor changes and adjustments
SightLine: The Chair is available for Windows and Mac. We can also vote for the full version of Sightline on Steam Greenlight.