In 2014, U.S. companies spent $ 7.5 billion on marketing in social networks, SMM budgets and departments continue to grow.
We give some useful facts about the changes that befell the realm of social media over the past two years.
The promotion by applications
- 90% of Brandz top 100 global brands have managed to develop apps in 2013;
- only a quarter of small companies in the US have their own app.
Blogs are losing popularity
Two-thirds of b2c companies in the U.S. continue to blog. But a year ago the figure was 72%.
The first among social media marketing, according to Adweek, was:
- NBA (Twitter);
- GoPro&Expedia (Instagram);
- Un Illustre Inconnu (Facebook);
- Wells Fargo (LinkedIn);
- Jetsetter (Pinterest).
Users less active
If in 2014, Instagram was 4.2% of subscribers, in 2015 and 2.2%.
Pinterest is 0.1% and 0.04%, respectively.
- the response to the appeal or complaint to Twitter in an average of 9 hours;
- more than 80% of retailers do not pay attention to the questions of the audience in social networks;
- two-thirds of branded content on Twitter does not end with the calling user to any action.
Investments in SMM
In 2014, the SMM has invested about 140 billion dollars. For comparison: in the TV advertising invested more than 170 billion.
In the next, 2017, year, marketers expect to spend on SMM $ 100 billion.
- at least half of the companies does not use the full potential of SMM;
- only 15% of executives are confident in the effectiveness of their marketing strategies in social networks;
- half of the SMM marketers’m sure the activity in social networks depends directly on the success of the business.
According to the materials: rusability.ru