On Kickstarter we have found a project that will not go unnoticed. This is Strafe, a retro-style first-person shooter that stands out for a frantic and extremely violent action. The campaign video is not wasted.
As defined by its creators, Strafe is the most frenetic, bloody, deadly and similar qualifiers first-person shooter of 1996. The levels are generated randomly in each game, as well as the location of the enemies. The level of gore is extreme, so it will delight fans of the genre, especially those of us who lived with great intensity the arrival of Doom in the 90s. The trace of our destruction (pools of blood, amputated limbs and so on) will remain on the stage, and we can use it as a trace to know where we have passed.
The game will contain different environments: Icarus is a spaceship in which we will fight at short and medium distances, the other areas have no name, but the second will consist of open levels with chasms and traps, the third will be a mixture of the previous two with a series of environmental threats, and the last will be in a closed environment with the enemies and dangers of the previous phases. If we have reached this point, we should be prepared to face our fate. Among its features stand out:
* BILLIONS of possible combinations of levels that are always created new in each game
* Compatible with OCULUS RIFT, immerse yourself in 100% virtualized “real” environments
* Random enemies, closets with monsters and secrets hidden behind every corner
* ÜBER-GORE® technology for persistent pieces of meat
* Real-life-like digital gravity
* FRANTIC mechanics and responsive controls
* Real-time, first-person, bipedal simulation
* Weapon upgrades and power-ups that will change our playstyle
* Unsigned 32-bit colors
* Color lighting
* Gigantic resolutions in 16:9 aspect ratio (2D mode)
• Multidimensional polygonal meshes derived from more than a thousand unique vertices
The campaign aims to raise $185,000 and on its first day they have already exceeded $30,000, so they are on the right track, since the game is attracting attention. We can get it for $ 25, and it will be finished in June 2016, although if we are in a hurry to try it we can pay $ 50 and receive an early access version in August of this year. The campaign ends on February 19. By the way, the project’s website is a real leap into the past.