History of domestic ICTs: 90 years of the Sut to them. Bonch-Bruevicha Chacin | 03.10.2020
In October is the 90th anniversary of the organization of Saint-Petersburg state University of telecommunications (Sut) named after Professor M. A. Bonch-Bruevich (former
name – LEES and LEIS), which is one of the oldest universities in the telecommunications profile in the country.
October 13, 1930, was a decision of Sovnarkoma of the USSR about the organization on the basis of existing in the city on the Neva the Higher courses of the Leningrad Institute of communications engineers (LEES). And
the first course of the new University was accepted by 662 people.
In the same year opened the workers ‘ faculty (rabfak) and the College of communication, amounting to Institute a single structure, named the Leningrad academic enterprise of communication (LUKS). And in 1931 – 1941 was
established the evening Department, and created the publishing and research sectors.
8 June 1940, Leningrad electrical engineering Institute named after Professor Mikhail Aleksandrovich Bonch-Bruevich, the outstanding Soviet specialist in the field of radio engineering. In Liis Leis and taught
famous scientists: M. A. Bonch-Bruevich, A. L. mints, A. A. Pistolkors, B. L. rozing, V. V. Tatarinov, P. V. Shmakov and many others.
In 1941, the University Department moved into the execution of military orders. In 1945, in Leis are three faculty – radio communication and radio broadcasting, telephone and Telegraph communications and formal training.
Resumed the work of the graduate school. Established a military Department and research laboratory of television.
In 1947, was held the first scientific-technical conference of teaching staff, which later became an annual event. The Institute entrusted with the training of specialists for foreign countries. In
1949 at the Department of television began the first in Russia research in the field of color and stereoscopic television.
In 1959, scientists and staff Lemar was designed and built first in the USSR experienced line tropospheric communication. Created about 10 new departments are organized 12 industry self-supporting
research laboratories. In the village Voeikovo near Leningrad-based scientific training ground. An experimental television station, which together with the Leningrad TV Studio
conducted weekly program.
In 1960 – 1966 years was organized by the faculty of radio engineering and a branch of the University – the Plant-vtuz at the NPO. Of the Comintern (1963). Commissioned second academic building and two dormitories for 700 and 600 seats.
Designed and developed specialized computer. Manufactured the first domestic machine to copy drawings.
In 1972 was founded the two leading communication faculty – MES and nuclear power plants, and in 1992 formed the faculty of Economics and management. In 1993 the Institute was granted the University status. As
priority scientific directions of the University identified the development of digital transmission systems, the introduction of fiber-optic communication lines, the development of information technology and networks mobile
In 2009, when the Sut organized by the research and innovative telecommunications centre. Currently, the Sut has 11 thousand students (including 365 foreign), their
trains 700 teachers. More materials on the universities ICT profile can be found on the website of the Virtual computer Museum www.computer-museum.ru.
history of the domestic ICT
Journal: Journal IT-News, Subscription to magazines