The Game Troopers shooter has finished its early access phase and is now available with all the full content on Steam, accompanied by a discount to celebrate its launch.
The Spanish editor, Game Troopers, has today announced the release of the full version of Overkill VR which has been developed by Starloop Studios based in Lleida. The game, which has been in early access for five months, has been continuously updated and improved thanks to continuous testing and numerous suggestions from the community. To celebrate the launch they release a new trailer and we can find the game on Steam with a 15% discount that leaves it for a total of € 16.99, being € 19.99 its price without promotion. It will also be coming to the Oculus store next week.
“We wanted to make this game really arcade, like the game that inspired us, Time Crisis. We want players to feel that the world of Overkill VR is real, as if they were soldiers on the battlefront. For this reason, in an upcoming update, the game will incorporate the Hardlight VR vest,” commented Jesús Bosch, CEO of Game Troopers.
Overkill VR is a virtual reality first-person shooter that takes place in a dark and apotheotic atmosphere. We become the leader of the Resistance, whose goal is to defeat the faction, a group of bloodthirsty soldiers who feed on fear and oppression. To put an end to the persistent enemies, we will have to choose the best weapons and travel the battlefield to eliminate all threats.
Below is the list of features of the full version:
- Dynamic combat mechanics where the player can take cover to avoid being hit.
- Realistic aiming system.
- Weapon customization, with upgrades and accessories.
- Up to 14 weapons available, in addition to heavy machine guns, rocket launchers and grenades.
- Ability to change strategy as the scenario evolves.
- New “endless mode” where players have to survive as many rounds as they can.
- Steam Achievements: Players can unlock achievements while playing and show their friends who is the toughest soldier.
- Steam Cards: Players can earn cards and convert them into Steam badges or exchange them for items from the Overkill VR community.
- Improved game sounds, with realistic effects.
- Ambidextrous weapon grip system.
- Adjustment of the height of the heavy machine gun.