Superhot VR (2016), a VR adaptation of the popular game, has received a fresh update for the upcoming holidays. Along with some fixes to the main gameplay, the update offers several new features for all platforms.
First, let’s take a look at the free holiday addition to the game, which is appropriately called the “Boxing Day” update.
The “Boxing Day” update brings a new endless level, a new scoring system, and what Superhot Team calls a “fitting holiday soundtrack”to the game.
The studio says that users who have already passed Superhot VR can access the Boxing Day update by uploading the Endless floppy disk to the Hacker Room and selecting a Christmas tree. The endless scoring system awards points for punches, dodges, headshots, and more.
Both the PC VR and PSVR versions of the game also received patches. You can check them out below:
SteamVR Headset Patch
- Switching between multiple save profiles
- Guest Mode
- Switch between pyramid flow and a smoother game flow without pyramids
- Automatic rotation of the game space (transitions will rotate your game space so that the gameplay is always in front of you — not recommended for wired headsets)
- Brightness Settings
- Two different control schemes on HTC Vive controllers
- Exit game modes such as Endless mode and guest mode
- Lots and lots of performance improvements
- General stability improvements and crash fixes
- Multiple graphics improvements
- Fixed issues with the collider on levels and throwing objects
- Fixed typos and improved the clarity of displayed texts
- Improved the path on multiple levels to prevent the enemy’s limbs from being cut off.
- Fixed lighting on multiple objects
- Fixed VFX bugs and improved clarity
- Fixed animation and reverse kinematics bugs with enemies
- Fixed a lot of bugs in the behavior of the enemy AI.
Superhot VR is available on all major VR headsets, including SteamVR, Oculus Rift, PSVR, and Oculus Quest 1 and 2.