Version 2.1.6 of Vireio arrives, the driver that allows you to play old games in virtual reality. They highlight the speed improvement in the menus (it’s about time) and a much faster multi-threaded memory scanner.
But that’s not all, since another of the great novelties is the comfort mode, which allows you to turn sideways in a staggered way, which will help a lot with the issue of dizziness in people most susceptible to suffering them. Comfort mode is active in many of the Oculus demos by pressing the Q and E keys on the keyboard to rotate sideways, instead of using the mouse or with the gamepad, and here you can see it working with Vireio in one of the new supported games: Homefront (minute 1:20).
You can download Vireio from MTBS3D.com , this is the complete list of changes:
1) Improved memory scanner, now uses a multi-thread technique to scan more quickly.
2) The games will not start in VR mode if the Vireio dialog window is not open. This will make it easier to play in normal mode without having to remove the DLLs or symbolic links.
3) Comfort mode is added, as suggested by Cloudhead Games.
4) Compatible with Saints Row 2.
5) Compatible with Saints Row 3.
6) Compatible with Homefront.
7) Compatible with Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
8) Compatible with Deus Ex: Human Revolution Directors Cut, although if we have both versions it is advisable to use the version without Directors Cut, which works better from the VR point of view.
9) Improved compatibility with some already supported games such as Outlast, Crysis and Far Cry 3.
10) Possibility to delete Vireio Hotkeys.
11) PDF with the Hotkeys in the Vireio folder.
12) New implementation of the VR Mouse mode, it is activated by pressing Numpad 0 twice.
13) New implementation of the Disconnected Screen, with better graphic quality.
14) Accelerated the movement through the menus, which should respond much faster.